Skip to main content

Donald Trump Says His Florida Home "Raided" By FBI

Donald Trump Says His Florida Home "Raided" By FBI

 Former United States (US) President Donald Trump said on Monday that his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida was "raided" by FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) agents. However, Trump did not give any indication of why federal agents were at his Florida home.

In a statement posted on Trump’s Truth Social network, Trump said his "beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents."

Trump called this an act of "prosecutorial misconduct." This situation added legal pressures on him. The FBI, the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States, did not comment on this matter. Trump was reportedly not present during the raid. Trump reportedly said, "It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don't want me to run for President in 2024.”

Multiple US media reports claimed that FBI agents were conducting a court-authorized search at Trump’s home in Florida. Reportedly, raids were related to the potential mishandling of classified documents that had been sent to Trump’s residence. 

Aerial footage of Trump’s residence showed police cars and supporters of Trump outside his house. Trump’s supporters were waving banners with Trump's name. Some senior Republicans also criticized the raid and the Justice Department on social media. 

Earlier this year, the National Archives recovered 15 boxes of documents from Trump's Florida estate. The documents also included correspondence from ex-US president Barack Obama. Subsequently, the National Archives requested that the Justice Department open a probe into Trump's practices.

Donald Trump

Donald John Trump is an American politician who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021. Trump lost the 2020 United States presidential election to current US President Joe Biden but refused to concede defeat. He still has many supporters. He also wants to run for the 2024 presidential election in the US. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syria Condemns Israeli Incursion into Beit Jinn, Holds Israel Responsible for Escalation

 Syria strongly condemned an Israeli military incursion into the town of Beit Jinn in rural Damascus, denouncing the assault on civilians and their property, which resulted in casualties and widespread panic. In an official statement, the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs described the incursion as a war crime, stating it followed Israel’s failed attempt to target the town. The ministry held Israeli authorities fully responsible for the aggression and its consequences. Syria called on the UN Security Council, the United Nations, and the Arab League to take urgent action to halt repeated violations. It reaffirmed its commitment to defending its sovereignty and people through all means permitted under international law.

Israel issues latest forced evacuation order in areas in Khan Younis

  The Israeli army’s Arabic-language spokesperson, Avichay Adraee, has issued the latest forced evacuation order for civilians living in nine areas in Khan Younis, southern Gaza. Adraee said that the army was expanding its operation and “intensifying sudden and concentrated firepower”. The spokesperson called on residents to evacuate westward. So-called Israeli safe zones, including Al-Mawasi in Khan Younis, are routinely attacked despite the army forcing Palestinians to move to those areas.

Bombay High Court Restricts Bursting of Firecrackers in Mumbai During Diwali to These Timings

  The festival of Diwali, often referred to as the "Festival of Lights," is celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor across India. While the tradition of lighting lamps and bursting firecrackers has been an integral part of the festivities, concerns over air pollution and its adverse effects on public health have prompted authorities to regulate the use of fireworks. The Bombay High Court , in a recent decision, has imposed restrictions on the bursting of firecrackers in Mumbai during Diwali, specifying designated timings to minimize the environmental impact. In an effort to strike a balance between celebrating the festival and safeguarding the environment, the Bombay High Court issued a directive that restricts the use of firecrackers to specific time slots. The court's decision is a response to the rising concerns about air quality and noise pollution during Diwali, which often reaches hazardous levels in several Indian cities. These timings aim to strike a balance b...